About Our Isopod Culture Kit
The Isopod Culture Kit from Isopods And More LLC is the perfect solution for anyone looking to start their own isopod colony. This comprehensive kit includes everything you need to create a thriving isopod habitat, including a 12 qt container with 3 vents for proper airflow, isopod substrate, sphagnum moss, and Isopod Cereal for their nutrition.
In addition to these items, the kit now also includes 1 to 2 cork bark flats. These flats offer a perfect hiding spot for your isopods and can aid in maintaining the moisture levels within the container. Additionally, they enhance the aesthetic appeal of your isopod enclosure, creating a natural and organic vibe in their habitat.
The substrate in the kit is specifically formulated to provide your isopods with the necessary nutrients and minerals to grow and reproduce. The sphagnum moss helps maintain the substrate’s moisture levels, providing a natural source of humidity for your isopods.
To ensure that your isopods are well-fed, the kit also includes a package of “Isopod Cereal,” a high-quality food specifically designed for isopods. This food contains a blend of nutritious ingredients that will provide your isopods with a balanced diet, ensuring they grow healthy and strong.
Overall, the Isopod Culturing Kit is a convenient and reliable solution for anyone looking to start their own isopod colony. Whether you are a seasoned isopod keeper or just starting out, this kit has everything you need to create a thriving isopod habitat with the added bonus of natural cork bark flats.
Step by Step Guide to Setting Up Your Isopod Culture Kit
- Clean the container: Before you begin, make sure that the container is clean and free of any dirt or debris. Wash it with warm water and mild soap and allow it to dry completely.
- Add substrate: Add a layer of substrate to the bottom of the container, ensuring that it is evenly distributed. The depth of the substrate should be at least 2 inches to allow the isopods to burrow and reproduce.
- Add sphagnum moss: Place a layer of sphagnum moss on top of the substrate. The moss will help maintain the moisture levels and provide a natural source of humidity for the isopods.
- Add cork bark flats: Position 1 to 2 cork bark flats in the container, creating a natural hiding place for your isopods. Cork bark flats can also help maintain the moisture levels in the container and add a natural and organic feel to the enclosure.
- Add Isopod Cereal: Sprinkle some Isopod Cereal on top of the sphagnum moss. The cereal will provide your isopods with the necessary nutrients to grow and reproduce.
- Allow the container to settle: Let the container settle for a day or two before adding any isopods. This will allow the substrate and sphagnum moss to stabilize and reach the ideal moisture level for the isopods.
- Introduce isopods: Once the container has settled, you can introduce your isopods to their new home. Gently place them on top of the substrate, and avoid disturbing the container for a few days to allow the isopods to acclimate to their new environment.
- Monitor the container: Check the container regularly to ensure that the moisture level, temperature, and air circulation are adequate for your isopods’ needs. Adjust the moisture level and temperature as necessary, and replenish the Isopod Cereal when needed.
Follow these steps and use the cork bark flats provided for optimal growth and reproduction of your isopods in the Isopod Culturing Kit.